Qualified to degree level, you will be experienced in purchasing, ideally for both internal and external customers and provide excellent levels of professional customer service. You will collaborate with departments and managers on time sensitive projects across the business. So it is crucial that you are able to meet strict deadlines, whilst remaining calm, professional and highly organised at all times. You will be the first point of contact for our external customers, for all purchasing related enquiries, so a friendly, engaging and helpful telephone manner will be essential.
You’ll have great organisational skills and the confidence to proactively manage a busy workload, whilst keeping one eye on what’s around the corner, to help anticipate the needs of colleagues and customers.
We are a fast growing business, where you will have a direct impact on our passion to provide excellent service to our customers and our fabulous team!
JOB DESCRIPTION AND PERSON SPECIFICATION
MAIN PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
To supervise and coordinate the timely and accurate purchase of equipment required for productions and events, whilst accurately maintaining all relevant administrative systems and databases. Maintaining productive working relationships with internal and external customers, whilst ensuring the highest levels of customer service at all times.
Unit A, Avenue Park Industrial Estate, Pentwyn, Cardiff, CF23 8HE
HOURS OF WORK
40 hours a week, full time 8:30 am – 5:30 pm with an hour unpaid lunch break
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Your responsibilities will include:
- Respond and manage sales enquiries in a timely and professional manner
- Liaise with suppliers and distributors regarding pricing for equipment sales and hire
- First point of contact with all manufacturers and distributors
- Issue accurate purchase orders to suppliers and distributors, in a timely manner to ensure delivery deadlines are met
- Liaise with Project Managers regarding equipment required to be purchased for specific productions/events, in addition to general stock
- Price enquiry/negotiation and lead times
- Ensuring strict delivery deadlines are met
- Liaise with internal departments to ensure stock levels of frequently used or consumable equipment/items are maintained
- Accurate completion and monitoring of spreadsheets for departments
- Ensuring accuracy of costings/prices
- Tracking lead times for equipment
- Continuity of stock items
- Supporting Hire Managers with sales quotations on large productions/events
- Detailed and accurate administration of the Purchase Order/rental management system (Flex)
- Creating and issuing purchase orders
- Tracking and monitoring purchase orders (lead time and pricing)
- Ensuring purchase orders are accurately linked to the required production/event
- Maintaining accurate pricing on the Purchase Order/rental management system (Flex), with the inventory manager
- Inputting new items onto the Flex system
- Ensuring that part numbers and information on the Flex system is accurate at all times
- Assisting with the processing and booking of returns for faulty equipment
- Compliance with company policies and procedures at all times
- As business needs dictate, the postholder may be required to undertake additional duties of a level commensurate with their existing responsibility.
PERSON SPECIFICATION – QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS YOU ALREADY HAVE TO JOIN OUR BUSINESS
- Educated to degree level - Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to work accurately and with attention to detail
- Able to work to strict and often challenging deadlines
- Personable with strong communication skills to build robust working relationships and co-operation at all levels
- Organisational and administrative skills to be able to prioritise workload with a flexible approach to changing demands
- Equally comfortable as a self-starter working on own initiative, as collaborating in a team
- Competent user of a wide range of IT programmes, including purchase order systems
- Positive “can do” helpful attitude with ability to think logically and problem solve
- Resilient and determined to achieve desired outcomes
- Ability to work occasional additional hours as business needs dictate
- Ability to promote working in an inclusive manner
- Compliance with company policies, health and safety requirements and relevant legislation
DESIRABLE REQUIREMENTS – WHAT IT WOULD BE GREAT IF YOU HAD, BUT WE CAN HELP YOU LEARN AFTER YOU’VE JOINED US
- Working knowledge of sound and lighting equipment
- Experience of using Flex Rental Management Software
- Experience of working in an entertainment related field
- Driving Licence
**To be shortlisted for interview, you will need to prepare a written submission (no more than 2 sides of A4) covering how you meet the person specification requirements including examples**
Please also send a copy of your CV to illustrate your career to date, you should not rely on this alone to demonstrate how you meet the criteria.
Cover letters/written submissions and your CV should be sent to email@example.com
Closing Date for Applications 12pm noon, Tuesday 21 May 2019
What to expect next?
Interviews at our premises are planned for Thursday 30 May 2019