***As this position in based in the United States, the job description is available in English only.***
This post will serve as an aggregator for all On-Call, Part-Time, and Full Time Positions.
NOTE #1 - This position is classified under the Hotel/Casino structure for payroll and health & welfare benefits. If you are considered for a position, you will be required to participate in all of the Hotel/Casino selection processes including a background security check and drug/alcohol testing.
NOTE #2 - In order to be considered for this position, you must also apply through the MGM career website.
NOTE #3 - Cirque du Soleil cannot process immigration paperwork for this position therefore candidates must have legal authorization to work in the United States.
Reporting to the Department Supervisor, you will be required to:
• Operate the automation control console in a safe and consistent manner for performances, artist training and maintenance operations as directed by Artistic, Stage, Company, and Technical management;
• Maintain cue track documentation and participate in cue track rotation as directed by the Department Supervisor;
• Inspect and maintain electronic, hydraulic and motorized equipment and systems as directed by the Department Supervisor;
• Control machines and processes, by using either control mechanisms or direct physical activity to operate machines or processes;
• Operate vehicles, mechanized devices, or equipment, by running, maneuvering, navigating, or driving vehicles or mechanized equipment, such as forklifts and passenger vehicles;
• Update maintenance and inspection records within Microsoft Word and Excel, as well as other show specific software such as AutoCAD and TMA;
• Maintain a safe working environment by conforming to all established safety policies and procedures;
• Participate in all required safety classes and emergency rescue procedure training;
• Maintain a flexible schedule for work calls, special events, rehearsals, training, maintenance and evening show performances;
• Develop a thorough knowledge of Automation Department equipment specific to the production in order to operate it safely;
• Establish and maintain interpersonal relationships, by developing constructive and cooperative working relationships with others, and maintaining them over time;
• Participate in special projects including the installation of new automated show elements, and inter-departmental projects that include automated elements or other needs that may fall within the technician’s specialty as directed;
• Perform all duties as deemed necessary for the success of the department.
You should have the following qualifications:
• At least one year of experience as an Automation and Control Technician;
• At least one year of experience troubleshooting and repairing automations and control systems equipment;
• Knowledge and experience with industrial machines, motors, gearboxes and related tools, including their designs, uses, repair, and maintenance;
• Strong mechanical drafting skills and the ability to read and interpret drawings, blueprints and schematics;
• Good knowledge of AC\DC theory and electrical safety;
• Strong metal fabrication skills like cutting, grinding, fitting, aligning and welding;
• Professional appearance and demeanor;
• Work order based preventative based maintenance experience preferred;
• Knowledge of OSHA preferred;
• Strong swimming ability is a MUST;
• ‘Rescue Diver’ Certification is an asset;
• Experience using CAD software such as AutoCAD preferred.
Please submit your resume via this website: https://jobs.lever.co/cirquedusoleil/4947715f-64c3-4a5d-bc34-0bbcb43923df