***As this position in based in the United States, the job description is available in English only.***
Lighting Technician This post will serve as an aggregator for all On-Call, Part-Time, and Full Time Positions.
NOTE #1 - This position is classified under the Hotel/Casino structure for payroll and health & welfare benefits. If you are considered for a position, you will be required to participate in all of the Hotel/Casino selection processes including a background security check and drug/alcohol testing.
NOTE #2 - In order to be considered for this position, you must also apply through the MGM career website.
NOTE #3 - Cirque du Soleil cannot process immigration paperwork for this position therefore candidates must have legal authorization to work in the United States.
Reporting to the Department Supervisor, you will be required to:
• Run follow spot cue tracks as directed for performances, artist training, and special events;
• Maintain cue track documentation and participate in cue track rotation as directed;
• Inspect and maintain lighting equipment, as well as update maintenance and inspection records as directed;
• Maintain a safe working environment at all times by adhering to all established safety policies and procedures; participate in all required safety classes and emergency rescue procedure training;
• Maintain a flexible schedule for work calls, special events, rehearsal/training, maintenance and evening show performances;
• Preserve the on-going; long-term “opening night” quality, the lighting designer’s vision, and the artistic integrity of the production according to the needs of artistic, technical and company management;
• Work closely with the Department Supervisor in supporting the shows needs during rehearsals and performances;
• Ensure equipment and supplies are stocked in sufficient quantity to ensure the on-going needs of the production;
• Under the direction of the Department Supervisor and technical management ensure lighting department documentation is current and formally recorded to preserve the original intention of the designers, and utilize TMA and other provided software tools to track all preventative and reactive maintenance routines, as well as any other information pertinent to the security of the show’s run;
• Maintain a safe working environment by conforming to all established safety policies and procedures;
• Participate in all required safety classes and emergency rescue procedure training;
• Observe safe wiring practices and maintain equipment in accordance with industry standards for safe operations;
• Participate in special projects, including the installation of new lighting show elements;
• Develop a thorough knowledge of Lighting Department equipment specific to the production in order to operate it safely;
• Demonstrate the ability to work well under pressure, be self-motivated and provide a positive work environment both inside the department and theatre-wide;
• Assist with the cross-training program to backup console operators and moving light repair technicians;
• Learn and run other pertinent show tracks to ensure the safe and continued operation of the show as required by the Department Supervisor and Technical Management;
• Perform all duties as deemed necessary for the success of the department.
You should have the following qualifications:
• At least two years of experience as a professional lighting technician or equivalent training;
• Working knowledge of digital test equipment for troubleshooting and repairs;
• Comprehension of basic principles of AC/DC electricity, basic electronics, and computer operations as it pertains to lighting systems;
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office;
• Professional appearance and demeanor;
• Knowledge of OSHA preferred;
• Experience with Autocad preferred;
• Strong swimming ability is a MUST;
• ‘Rescue Diver’ Certification is an asset.
Please submit your resume via this website: https://jobs.lever.co/cirquedusoleil/801fdac4-6c09-4304-bdf6-60c07f8ad170