Essential Supplies UK Ltd is a leading national supplier of bespoke lighting, electrical and rigging products to industry and the events and production worlds. We operate across various electrical, power and lighting channels including the hospitality and entertainment sector, electric vehicle charging, government and civil service as well as sporting and health sectors. The team is made up of 15 full time people working from our base near Torpoint in Cornwall. Having recently celebrated our 21st anniversary, we now have a turnover of over £2m and are in a very strong position coming out of Covid with ambitious growth plans over the next 5 years.
Our Operations Manager should be someone who has a real positive attitude and who is easily able to connect and interact with people and operate as part of an already successful team. The candidate will work closely with the Managing Director and as part of the Senior Management Team There is also scope for future growth and development and ultimately to possibly one day take over from the current owner and MD.
We’re seeking an experienced operational manager to oversee our business operations and ensure the continued smooth running of the commercial and engineering departments. You will develop, implement and enforce policies that ensure the safety and efficiency of the warehouse, create staff schedules, reward and discipline staff if necessary, and report to the Managing Director. The ideal candidate has experience running multi channel operations and is able to develop relationships easily both internally and externally, has worked in a management position in a busy warehouse/production environment, can quickly switch gears to handle a range of duties and is proficient with Microsoft.
You will implement the right processes and practices across the organisation including formulating strategy, improving performance, procuring material and resources and securing compliance. You should be ready to mentor your team members, find ways to increase the quality of customer service and implement best practices across all levels. Ultimately, we’ll trust you to help us remain compliant, efficient and profitable during the course of business. We offer a competitive salary, five weeks paid holiday, pension plan, and professional development opportunities.
- Monitor employee activities and provide guidance where needed
- Encourage a positive work environment and culture for all employees
- Implement safety programmes and ensure compliance with all safety policies
- Create and send reports to the Managing Director
- Coordinate staff schedules, training and onboarding
- Conduct quality control tests to ensure organisation standards are adhered to
- Join Senior Management Team and contribute to strategic thinking and the delivery of the 2025 Vision.
- Manage premises – insurance, rent etc.
- Take responsibility for IT systems use, development and security.
- Oversee Managing staff - KPI’s and Reviews, Personal Development Plans, Holiday planning etc.
- Assist on technical side, Event / production experience preferred, lighting especially
- Develop / key customer links and maintain excellent relationships with the current client base.
- Prepare KPIs / PowerPoint for monthly management meeting
- Oversee sales and marketing strategies
- Champion our EV charger range and liaise with our distributor partners in The Netherlands.
- Take charge of ISO and ensure that compliance is maintained.
Skills and qualifications required:
- Problem-solving abilities that adapt to a variety of situations
- Overseeing day-to-day activities in the facility
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office Suite and especially Excel and Powerpoint
- Proficiency with planning and project management platforms
- Qualification in business, business management or an MBA
- Two years of experience in a management position