The move from the usual spot at the very front of the hall on stand F1 has been made in order to provide more room for the PLASA stand - which will now incorporate the PLASA Technical Bookshop - and also to allow us to develop the PLASA Clinic, which will run adjacent to the PLASA stand, on J52 (see below).
Equally importantly, the move puts us right next to the busy after-show bar (inside the new Pizza Express restaurant), which will be open every evening after show closing, allowing everyone at the show a little extra time to continue those all-important conversations!Upstairs, meanwhile, Lighting&Sound International is sponsoring the New Technology Showcase - a major display of every product nominated for a 2001 PLASA Award for Product Excellence.
In a new PLASA initiative for 2001, PLASA is inviting all members and prospective members to take time to visit the PLASA Clinic on stand J52, to find out more about the range of services offered by the Association. Representatives from PLASA’s service providers and Head Office staff will be available on the stand to answer your questions and to show you how you can benefit from taking advantage of what PLASA offers.
Among the range of services offered by PLASA are the following:
- Comunicado - a telephone-based interpreting service, offering fast access to over 100 languages.
- Legal Advice Service provided by Sherman Philips. Covers intellectual property, contract and company matters.
- PLASA Insurance Scheme provided by Allan, Chapman and James. Offers a single, comprehensive policy with a wide range of benefits.
- Human Resources provided by CP Associates. Advice on human resource issues including terms of employment, pay reviews, redundancy, etc.
- Business Financial Reporting Service provided by Dun and Bradstreet. Reports evaluating a company’s performance, credit recommendation, etc.
- Business Support Helpline provided by IRPC Group, offering advice on business matters including legal, PAYE, copyright and patents, debt recovery etc.
Further information on these and other PLASA Services can be found on the PLASA website at www.plasa.org/association